you may have noticed that I’ve been a little light on posting recently. that’s because I’m working on a revamped blog! since I do revamp and optimize websites at work now, I’ve been inspired and I think that my blog needs a bit of a facelift. so get ready for a new platform, new format, and a new name! expect to see an update in a day or two!
Blondfire – Where the Kids Are
Mystery Jets – Greatest Hits
Justice – DANCE
it’s so close to the weekend. is this week dragging for anyone else?
last Thursday I took the day off from work and drove down to the Ikea by Boston in my mom’s super sketchy van (like, it has 2 seats and no sound system). I had some specific pieces in mind, and I sped through that huge store as a girl on a very important mission: furnish my apartment as chicly and cheaply as possible. a loveseat, book shelf, bureau, small chair, coffee table, lamp, and a few other odds and ends later, I think I accomplished my goal. I was so excited about it all that even after 10 hours of driving, I coerced my sister into helping me haul everything up to my 3rd floor apartment and then I stayed up until the wee hours putting it all together by myself. crazy, I know, but I have a hard time waiting for some things. instant gratification all the way.
I’ve been adding to these bases with a vibrant blue rug and ikat pillows from Homegoods (my saving grace since there is NO TARGET IN VERMONT), and this space is seriously starting to feel like my home.
now, who wants to pay off my credit card bill this month?
clockwise, from top left
1. dinner from my mom’s CSA share: one mini quiche, one strawberry tartlet
2. the last of my graduation gifts. now I get to rep my Tartan Pride at work.
3. a little bit of DIY art in my new apartment. I’ll do a full post on this soon.
4. sipping on water and a brew at Uno’s. it’s not fine dining but sometimes I’m OK with a totally average meal (especially when someone else is paying).
1. setting up wifi in my place. I tried to go without it for a little longer to save some $$$ but I caved after 1 1/2 weeks.
2. I’ve gotten kind of into cooking again, and I’ve had a lot of success with these super simple fish tacos. I bought frozen tilapia filets, and they’re super easy to thaw and then saute up in olive oil, cilantro, and salt and pepper, then serve it up on warm tortillas with diced tomato and a little fresh guac. seriously, it’s so easy and I feel so gourmet when I eat them.
3. rare street art in Burlington
4. a french press and my Anthro mug, such a perfect start to a weekend morning.