lately, via my iPhone
1. I finally found real gum! I don’t know how many times I thought I’d found gum to satisfy my craving, only to discover that I’d bought licorice instead. yuck. they love licorice here and I can’t stand the stuff (especially when it looks like gum).
2. I satisfied my kaffe & koge craving yet again. this time my coffee was paired with some sort of apple strudel with fresh whipped cream. I was also offered sour cream as a topping, which is apparently pretty popular here. next time I think I’ll give it a go.
3. I went to the Royal Ballet here the other night to see La Sylphide. it was wonderful — the dancers, the costumes, the theater, me fellow ballet attendees. I get to go to 4 more ballets over the course of the semester for class, and I can’t wait.
4. the road bike racing continues here, and I am so ready to have my city and bus route back.
5. seriously, I’m now late for everything, thanks to the sporadic closing of walkways and roads.
6. I was just a few minutes late getting to the Royal Cast Collection for my art & archeaology class. it is a big, old building on the harbor just filled with replicas of the world’s most famous statues and sculptures. pretty cool and a little creepy.